Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What Happened???

Remember all that beautiful, white, CLEAN snow we had Monday morning? Well, the temperature came up, we had a little bit of rain, and this morning we have ugly, dirty, muddy, slush in our yard and driveway! Quite a different scene as I look out my front door today! It didn't take long for the picture to change. Less than twenty-four hours!

I could not help but think that sometimes my life is like that. Maybe you can relate? I go to a revival meeting or a Bible study and get convicted about some sin in my life and then repent and get right with God. Clean. White. Joyful. Then perhaps in less than twenty-four hours someone has insulted me and made me mad. Or some sin has crept back in my life. And there you have it. Ugly, dirty, slushy sin right back in my heart keeping me from being all I could be for God. Don't misunderstand me. I know that once I have been saved my soul is white as snow in God's eyes! But my daily fellowship with Him depends on how I obey Him. I can mess up our fellowship with my sin.

So what's the solution? For the dirty, muddy slush in my front yard....a few days of warmer temperatures and a lot of sunshine will do the trick! For my heart? Getting in the Word and letting the SON shine in should do it!

"That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word." Ephesians 5: 26

I hope God is blessing you mightily today!

Marilyn

10 comments:

Yolanda said...

Sweet and precious Friend, what a word and a bit of encouragement that only IN God's word will we be washed and the cleansing power of God begin to take hold.

Love YOU!

Faye said...

Marlyn, I know what you mean..I feel the same way sometimes..Hope you have a great day..Blessings, Faye

Lisa Smith said...

My how my life changes in 24 hours! Such truth here. Praying you get lots of "indoor" jobs done :)
I am so glad God knit our hearts together, Marilyn, I am treasuring your prayers.

much love, lisa xoxo

Deborah said...

I wish just a few days of sunshine would take care of my yard....but with 4 and 5 foot snowbanks it's going to take a lot more than a few days....and you haven't seen mud until you've visited my yard in the springtime!
Great analogy, by the way. Thankfully we don't have to be overwhelmed by the mud of sin, we can get it cleaned up right away!

Peggy said...

Very Good!
Thanks,
Peggy

Bro. Rick said...

Yep, same with me. Thanks

Belinda Jo Adams said...

That is so true, Marilyn. Thanks for the insight.

Leah Adams said...

Sunshine and warmer temps...hmmm, what a novel thought!!

Great post. All too often my beautiful heart turns slushy and muddy way too quick. Thankfully we have the SON to clean it all up.

Leah

The Loveless Family said...

I love how God's creation teaches us about our relationship with God.

Susan said...

We have to keep washing our feet, don't we?! Perfect example of how we need to stay vigilant!