Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Summer....I Will Miss You !

Only one more day of summer after today and then we will begin our fall season. I turned into our driveway a few days ago and just stopped a minute to take a picture because I realized it wouldn't be long before the leaves would be turning colors and then "turning loose" and falling to the ground. I'm going to miss the full greeness of my driveway when those days arrive. When the leaves fall it just seems depressing to me. But my husband....who usually thinks opposite than me anyway... loves it when the trees are bare. He equates that with hunting season I think. ha

I will miss the fresh veggies out of our garden also. Most everything has dried up now except for some of our peppers.

I will miss getting to keep my flowers out on the back deck. This is a vine my pastor's wife gave me at least 7 or 8 years ago! It is very indestructable or it would have been dead years ago! The easiest thing to keep alive that I've ever had!

And I will miss the roses blooming in the front yard. I went out and picked these two beauties yesterday and brought them inside so as to be able to see and smell them for as long as possible.

Yes, summer, I will miss you but I'm pretty sure that before long I will be enjoying the colors and sights and smells of fall. After all....Thanksgiving comes in the fall and that's my favorite holiday!

God bless each of you!

Marilyn

3 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Bless you, Marilyn. The only thing I will miss about summer are the fresh veggies from my raised beds. Otherwise, good riddance. Hello fall and cool weather!! Love ya, friend.

Yolanda said...

Your roses are outstanding!!

An inside note for you, I do believe Thanksgiving may just be my favorite holiday as well.

With love,
Yolanda

Natalie Monk said...

Love the pictures in this post! Those roses ARE gorgeous! My roses and fresh tomatoes are the things I'll miss most about summer. I do LOVE this cooler weather, though!