Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Just Visiting....Some Random Thoughts


I've been busy today.  Mostly. Rose earlier than usual this morning. Fixed breakfast for Benny and me.
There were tomatoes out on the patio table that needed peeling and putting in bags to freeze so I can cook with them later.  That was my first job after breakfast.


While I was peeling the tomatoes, I started thinking about making a Tomato Pie.  Never had one before but it had sounded good when my friend Anita had told me about making one herself.  Came in here to the computer and looked up a recipe.  Paula Deen's Tomato Pie.  It's done now and sitting on the counter cooling until Benny decides to come in from working on something in the back yard.  Won't be able to tell you right now if it turned out tasty or not but it sure looks good! I think it will go well with the peas, turnip greens, fried okra and cornbread that I have cooked also.

Taking a little break right now til dinner is over and was thinking about what kind of Bible study I want  to do next.  I'm in the last week of Beth Moore's "James: Mercy Triumphs".  While looking through my old Bible studies to see just what studies I have done, I came across my next study I think.  I had found it in a thrift store a while back and forgotten about it.  It's called "The Incredible Power of Kingdom Authority" by Adrian Rogers...one of my very favorite preachers. Always enjoy getting to see reruns of his preaching on TV sometimes now that he's in heaven!


Not sure I'll get to my other kitchen chore this afternoon.  Have a bunch of bell peppers from the garden that I plan to cut up and freeze.  They come in so handy when I'm making spaghetti or soup.


I guess that's about all.  Just wanted to say hello and let you share a little of my day with me!

God bless you, my friends!

Marilyn

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

God bless you as well! How was the tomato pie?

I Amon the last week of Kelly Minter's Nehemiah study and am wondering what I should begin next as well.

I enjoyed Adrian Rogers daily devotions when he was still alive, I felt very sound.

Love ya

LisaShaw said...

Thank you for sharing with us today Marilyn.

You are so encouraging! My hubby and I have loved Pastor Adrian for YEARS and still connect with his ministry and celebrate that he's with the Lord!

That study looks awesome!!! Enjoy!!!

Much love!