Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Lord He Is God: There Is None Else Beside Him




The week of Presidential Inauguration and my Bible reading in Deuteronomy coincided and brought together these thoughts I want to share with you.  It seems that the more news I read or hear the more my heart aches. What has happened to our country? The good ole United States of America. Once a place of honor where people could raise their families without being afraid. A place where children were taught to honor and respect their parents and their elders. A place where people were taught right from wrong and respected the law.  A place where people were taught to love and have faith in God. Where prayer was encouraged-not forbidden.

As I read Deuteronomy 4:9, ("Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;") my first thought was that our nation would have done well to have obeyed this verse. Seems like we have forgotten the good and embraced the bad!

Later in this same chapter in verses thirty-five and thirty-nine, I noticed this phrase repeated: "the LORD he is God: there is none else beside him."  This definitely is a truth that we should teach to our children! It's still on all our money..."In God we trust"...even if it's against the law to say so in some public places!  What a shame that we have come to this in our nation!

So what's the remedy?  It's in Deuteronomy 4 also...verse twenty-nine..."But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul."

We need Him now more than ever! Let's seek Him with our heart and soul!

May God bless you greatly is my prayer!

Marilyn

4 comments:

elaineolsen@live.com said...

We are so off track in our country, Marilyn. It really saddens my heart. God is the answer to this dismal state of affairs, but it seems as if the veil is too thick for most to see the truth. This is why (more than ever before) we try to reach those within our influence with God's love and truth. One by one, we show them the way.

In God I trust and him alone!

peace~elaine

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

This is so true Elaine....we need to use our influence to tell others...one by one...about the TRUTH!

Thanks for reading and commenting my faithful friend!

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so true. It is scary to think that the generation that is coming up now will be in control in a few years! God has been forgotten or forbidden where He should be in charge. He isn't going to go much further, I don't believe in seeing how the US has become. I am ashamed of so many things that are going on now. What has happened to people bringing up their children in the nurture and adminition of God? He IS in control and will be calling his children home before long. We don't know the day or hour so we must just be ready. God bless the US. I pray that people will open their eyes and let God in. He loves us but won't tolerate much more of what is going on.
Martha Greer.

Leah Adams said...

Marilyn, my heart breaks to see the state of our nation and our people. I pray diligently for a third Great Awakening in America...where the hearts of Christians would be turned back to Christ and the hearts of unbelievers would be overtaken with the wind of the Holy Spirit driving them to Jesus. My heart pleads with God not to turn His back on America.

I fear it is too late, however, I hope I am wrong.

******************************************
Captured by His Grace,

Leah Adams
The Point Ministries