Sunday, April 19, 2009

Declaring the Glory of God

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork: Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard." Psalm 19: 1-2

No matter where on this globe that we live, the "voices" of nature declare the glory of God to all the world.

If we look into the heavens and see the blue sky, sunshine and puffy white clouds, we see the glory of God.

If we see black clouds rushing through the windy sky, chased by bolts of lightning, we still see the glory of God.

When we look at the moon and the stars, we see His handwork.

There is no place in the world....no matter what foreign language that is spoken.....where the voice of God's "handwork" is not seen and heard. And therefore, none are without excuse.

If anyone responds to whatever light that is given them, God is faithful to give them more light.

If God's works of nature speak this loudly to man, should not the words of His greatest creation....mankind....also speak to other men of the goodness of God?

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19: 14

Marilyn

(This post is also running today over at the KJV Blog Directory)

12 comments:

Leah Adams said...

All I can say is 'amen'. Have a blessed Lord's Day.

Leah

Beth Herring said...

Marilyn, Thank you for sharing this today. I so hunger to see the glory of God. I actually posted about it last night.

This post just really spoke to my heart.
Beth

Karin said...

Can't count how many times I have expressed those very same thoughts! I totally agree with your comments and was blessed to read them today.

Lisa said...

God so often uses His creation to "shout out" to me and draw me to His throne in worship! It definitely declares His glory!
Blessings to you dear friend!
-Lisa

LisaShaw said...

Preach on Marilyn!!! Praise the Lord!!!

This says it all for me: "If God's works of nature speak this loudly to man, should not the words of His greatest creation....mankind....also speak to other men of the goodness of God?"

Thank you for the blessing tonight and strong reminder of the way we must walk as Christians.

Anonymous said...

So true sis!! I think of this often in this dark land! His LIGHT IS here but you have to search for it. I pray often that our friends here will search for truth with all their hearts.

I visited with a Muslim girl tonight. She is about 19 yrs. Old and so sad in her religion. So many restrictions, no freedom. I can’t help thinking of the verse. “And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free”. I can’t wait to share this with her.

Evelyn said...

GOOD POINT!

Yolanda said...

Beautiful.

Love ya,
Yolanda

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

God's creations is so beautiful! The heavens and all the earth declare how majestic our God is! Thank you for sharing this with me today!
God bless you!
Bren

Liesa said...

Great post Marilyn!
Happy Tuesday to ya.

Your friend,
Liesa

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Indeed, we are a people without excuse! God has made his presence evident in everything that surrounds us. Oh for the eyes to see Him when he arrives on the scene of our lives.

peace~elaine

Kay Martin said...

I'm outside a great deal with this new job. All those under me I encourage them to soak in the beauty of the sky and the scenes that open up to them daily in a new place. His Glory: what do we overlook daily that was ours to soak in? Great picture and beautiful post.