Monday, June 15, 2009

Keeping Mama Happy


I think I mentioned that I had a birthday a couple of weeks ago. I had so many family and friends send cards, emails and gifts! And it seems I am still receiving them! My ladies Sunday school class gave me a "belated" card last week with sweet little notes from each of them and a substantial amount of cash stuck inside! They are so thoughtful. My daughter gave me a little round black metal "retro" looking fan that has been cooling me off really great. Tried to upload a picture of it on here but it just won't cooperate!

One of the most unusual gifts I got was last Saturday night from one of my sons. He was taking me and hubby out to eat for a late BD present to me and soon after I got in the back seat of his pickup he casually glanced back at me and said..."Oh...that's your gift on the seat." I wasn't expecting a gift other than the dinner but was pleased of course. I pulled a neatly wrapped square box out of the gift bag and tore the blue paper off. When I lifted the lid, here is what I saw!




Does that ring a bell for anybody? Remember my earlier post about breaking a bowl from my favorite set of dishes? He had gotten me a replacement for it! I was speechless! And then I noticed the brown striped box. And I knew....I just KNEW what was in it before I ever opened it! I almost shouted to him as he drove down the road, "I KNOW what's in this box!" Hubby had a quizzical look on his brow and asked how I could know. I knew that my son must be reading my blog posts because that would probably be the only way he would have known that the only piece that was not with my dishes when I bought them was the sugar bowl. And sure enough! It was a brand new matching sugar bowl.




It just put the icing on my birthday cake, so to speak! I have such a wonderful hubby, kids, friends and family who have made me feel so special during my birthday month! Thanks everybody!

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;" Ephesians 5: 20

Marilyn

8 comments:

Honeycombs said...

Belated Birthday Greetings but you certainly seem to have enjoyed your day. Thanks for stopping by my kjv blogspot and your lovely comments, I love writing about what the Lord has taught me. Blessings, Jean x

Leah Adams said...

well, how fun is that!! Your family really treated you like a Queen. And you deserve it.

God bless you!!

Leah

Beverly Wooley said...

What a precious gift! You have raised your "younguns" right, my friend. And now they are rising up and calling their Momma "BLESSED"! Very fitting!

Liesa said...

OH MARILYN... HOW SWEET!!!! I LOVE THE GIFT AND ESPECIALLY YOUR SONS THOUGHTFULNESS. THOSE ARE THE BEST GIFTS WHEN SOMEONE PUTS THOUGHT INTO IT.

I CAN TELL YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS VERY BLESSED AND SPECIAL!!!

Lisa said...

Unexpected gifts are the best!
Blessings! Lisa

Yolanda said...

Oh, as soon as I saw the picture, I knew also, what you had, oh awesome!!!! Thank You Father for blessing my sweet and precious friend that I love so. Thank You Lord for her son, that is aware as well, of his Momma's desires. So like You Lord, to bless abundantly and richly.

Love ya, Miss Marilyn!!!

Peggy said...

What a sweet and thoughtful birthday present! I also guessed what was in the box as I was reading
along! Happy belated birthday from; you truly are a dear friend!
With love and prayers for a happy and fruitful life for you.

Peggy

Joyful said...

ahhhhh...you have a sweet son...how thoughtful. The best gifts are those meaningful ones that come from the heart. I'm sure you'll cherish those pieces and know you are loved.

Happy belated b'day!
Hugs,
Joy