Yesterday wasThanksgiving Day. One of our oldest national holidays. My favorite! A time set aside to thank God for all He has done for us. A time to gather as families and be thankful together. But today...instead of yesterday...was the day that our family was able to gather together. We were just as thankful today as we would have been yesterday. Every day is ...or at least should be...a day of thanksgiving to God!
A few of the things I am thankful for today:
1. Salvation and the Bible. Without them I would have no hope.
2. Family and home. Especially my husband, children and grandchildren who have stood by my side and loved me like nobody else can.
3. Church family and Christian friends. People to worship with and share with.
4. A quiet place to live. We've been blessed with a life in the country.
5. Freedom to go and come as I please. Not having to get a permit to go to church or to hold a meeting.
6. Family who will stand by my side and believe in me when others are trying to tear me down. It's eye-opening when you see people for who they really are. I've sure had my eyes opened wide during the past couple of weeks.
7. Another unexpected treasure found this week that belonged to my Mama who passed away almost 40 years ago. A beautiful piece of green pottery. (see picture)
8. Christian friends that I have met in the blogging community. How could I have known when I started blogging that I would gain such supportive, loving, sisters-in-Christ through this media?
I have been blessed so much and in return need to be thankful for much!
"For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God." 2 Corinthians 4: 15
May every day be Thanksgiving in the lives of each of us!