Monday, April 14, 2014

Arrogance, Plain and Simple!




Please join me today over at Lisa Shaw's blog for my article in Women Walking with Jesus.

Here's an excerpt:

Mondays are not usually good days for me.  Sometimes I feel like I’ve been run over by a truck! Today was no different. I was hoping to take it easy after fixing our usual “Monday lunch”….beans, rice and cornbread. Then I remembered that the dog needed to be fed. Clothes needed to be washed and dried. And I didn’t need to forget…again… to read my Bible either! I planned to eat an early lunch with my husband and then be ready to walk out the door at twelve sharp so I could carry a friend to her yearly visit to the eye doctor at one o’clock. Whew!
At twelve noon I walked out the door.  Right on time. When we arrived at the doctor’s office, I went in to make sure everything was on schedule before leaving to run some errands of my own.  As I sat in a padded, blue chair in the waiting room, I saw a young couple with a beautiful black haired little girl come in.  She looked to be in first or second grade and sounded very intelligent. I overheard her say to her mother, “Are you sure this is a children’s clinic, too?  It looks like it is just an adult clinic.”   I smiled because she sounded so grown up and serious. In a few minutes my friend was signed in and I left to do my errands.
After an hour’s shopping, I was ready to go back and see if my friend was done.  I went in the waiting room but she was not there. After looking through stacks of magazines, I found one I thought I would enjoy and sat down to read.  I did not have time to open the magazine before the daddy of the little black haired girl that I previously mentioned opened the door, walked in and promptly plopped himself down in the chair right beside me!  
Thanks for joining me here today!
May God bless you my friends!
Marilyn

No comments: