Wednesday, April 4, 2012

In the Word


Yesterday morning when I checked my email, I found this message from my friend Elaine in response to an earlier prayer request I had sent to her

"Wanted you to know I prayed for you this morning...here are God's words from me to you: Be in the Word today! He's going to supply you with His peace that surpasses all understanding. Be in the Word today!"

I can't explain how that message consisting of four sentences affected me but it was on a "large" scale! I knew that Elaine was right. God had indeed given her a word to pass on to me!

Immediately I opened my Bible and asked God to direct me to exactly what words in His Word I needed to read and meditate on yesterday. I felt very impressed that I was to go to James and read the entire book. It spoke volumes to me and I needed every word!

As I read, I began to jot down little scraps of words when something would really stir my spirit. I want to share some of those with you today. Maybe just from chapter one.

My Thoughts:

James 1:8 A two-faced person can not be trusted in ANY thing

James 1:15 lust conceived births sin

James 1:18 we were begotten with the word of TRUTH

James 1:19 the three S's....Swift to hear, Slow to speak, Slow to get angry

James 1:21 lay apart -- then receive

James 1:22 DO something! Don't just listen to God's Word and then just sit around and do nothing!

James 1:27 Pure Religion -- visit orphans & widows....and don't let the attractions of the world mess you up!

I have not yet done Beth Moore's newest Bible study on James but this has certainly whetted my appetite for it!

And Elaine was right! God has given me a peace today that I have not felt in quite a long time! I am so in awe of what God is doing and what He is going to do!

God bless you!
Marilyn


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

James has always been a good book for me too. Thanks for sharing this. May God continue to bless and keep you in His hands.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

We're dealing with a James 1:8 situation right now...

We stand closest to God and his heart when we're standing in the Word. Keep to it, sister. It never returns void.

Love you.

~elaine

Martha said...

God is so good. James has a wealth of verses. I want to take James Bible Study too.

Love you.
Martha

Leah Adams said...

God's Word always has a WORD for us. So thankful He gave you what you needed when you needed it.