Tuesday, March 11, 2014

He's Crazy About Her!


A few weeks ago we had the privilege of having all our children and grandchildren over for a meal around our huge old oak pedestal table.  After we'd all had our fill of the food, my husband, daughter, and myself were still sitting at the table while our five-year-old grandson finished up his dinner.  Suddenly he had the cutest look on his face!  He covered his mouth while he grinned and hunched up his little shoulders.  When we asked what had happened he replied that he had a secret and would tell us when he finished eating.

In a few minutes he cupped his hand over his mouth and whispered, "Are you ready for the secret?" Oh yeah!  We sure were!  I was very curious.  He smiled the biggest smile and then said, "Uncle David kissed Aunt Amber on the lips!!" (that's our youngest son and his wife)  Just for effect all us grown-ups gasped and said, "Really?"  It made our grandson feel so important to be able to tell us this secret of his!

Overhearing that conversation, our eight-year-old granddaughter piped up and said, "Awwww….that's because he's crazy about her!"  Everyone had a good laugh over that!  I knew where she got that saying because ever since the grandkids were really small, my husband has always told them that he's "crazy about Granmama!"

Later after everyone had left and I was thinking back through the events of the day, I thought about how God is absolutely crazy about each one of His children! Sometimes I feel lonely and far away from God.  Not because He's gone anywhere but because I have become cold and indifferent to Him. It made me absolutely smile from ear to ear thinking about how crazy God is about me even though I sure don't deserve it !!  And He's crazy about you! And it's no secret either!  He tells us over and over in His book of love letters to us. 

Ephesians 2:3-5  "Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)"

So don't forget…..He's crazy about you!

Marilyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, Marilyn. I always get a blessing from your blogs. thanks.