Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Month of Thankfulness: Day 13

Day 13: I'm thankful for the beauty of nature!

I'm not much of a traveler. I like to hear people talk about their vacations to the mountains or the beach or wherever they've been but I really don't want to go and see for myself. I'm like my Mama was...just a home-body at heart. And so because of that I'm very grateful that God has seen fit to put me smack dab in the middle of some of the most beautiful country side in north Mississippi!

This has been one of the most colorful fall seasons that I remember in a long time. The trees just keep on keeping on being beautiful! Every day for the past several weeks I think to myself, "surely this won't last much longer", but it has.

God is such an awesome Artist ! Sometimes I just tell Him that very thing when I'm looking at His handiwork in nature! I'm very blessed that I can look out my windows and see trees, flowers, grass and sky and have a different portrait every season!

"Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness." Acts 14:17

May God bless you!

Marilyn


1 comment:

Aliene said...

Bless you, Marilyn. I am thankful for the privilege of getting to go to the house of God today and to teach my little class of girls.