Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Month of Thankfulness: Day 8

Day 8: I am thankful that we still live in a republic where we can go and
exercise our right to vote.

I plan to do that very thing sometime this
morning. I have been praying very much that God will give Mississippians the
grit to go out and vote Yes on Amendment 26 today. We have heard from both
sides. Doctors, nurses, lawyers, preachers....there are some on each side and
have very differing opinions. So could you just base your vote on the ONE thing
that we DO know? And that is that if the majority of Mississippians vote no
today, thousands of innocent babies will continue to be torn from their mother's
womb through abortion in the state of MS. That's basically the one thing we
KNOW.

So please pray and ask God to show you the right
answer. This verse has been on my mind this morning: "I call heaven and
earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death,
blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may
live:"
Deuteronomy 30:19

God bless you!

Marilyn

1 comment:

Alene said...

I was reminded today how awesome our country is. I didn't have to go vote, but I did receive a jury summons. What a privilege to live in a country where we are free to exercise those rights. Blessings friend - we have much to be thankful for.