Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Month of Thankfulness: Day One

Inspired by my friend Leah over at The Point Ministries today, I also want to make the month of November one of thankfulness. I don't want to wait until November 24, Thanksgiving Day, to start being thankful. I have tried to be more aware of my blessings and therefore giving thanks more often in the past year or so. But to do a whole month of daily thanks...with a purposeful heart...seemed like a challenge I'd like to take. I could never list in thirty days all that I'm thankful for but hopefully it will help me keep thankfulness constantly on my mind!
Day One: I'm thankful for salvation. I'm so thankful that God made a way for me to live forever in His presence. I would never make it if I had to earn my way to heaven. The Bible tells us that the law was given as a "school master" to show us that there's no one who can actually keep all the law. No one that is except for Jesus Christ. He came and lived a sinless life so that He could pay for my sins. Wow! What a gift! "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
But as Leah also said, it's not just that we get to go to heaven because of salvation but we get to have the Holy Spirit living inside us right now! He will lead and guide and show us how we should live if we will listen.
Marilyn

3 comments:

Alene said...

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! So much to be thankful for. Glad to see you participating. Thankfulness abounds.

Leah Adams said...

I am with you, my friend. I am so grateful for my salvation. I am also grateful for you...a dear friend.

Sr. Ann Marie said...

I like the idea of a month of thankfulness. It gives me a great idea for journaling. Thanks for the idea.