Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Month of Thankfulness: Day 3

Day Three: I'm thankful for my health! And for that of my family. God has blessed us so much in this area and I never want to take it for granted!
I often think about people who are blind, or deaf, or whose heart, lungs, kidneys or other organs have stopped functioning, or those who can not walk or get out of bed without help...or perhaps not at all. So many people in the world don't have good health. And yet a lot of them have better attitudes about their life than I sometimes do about mine!
Good health is a wonderful thing. But it's not the best thing in and of itself. A healthy mind is even better than a healthy body. And a healthy heart (spiritually speaking) is better yet!
I believe Psalm 43:5 says well what I feel: "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."
Join me today in praising God for health...whether it be physical, mental, spiritual or all three!
God bless you!
Marilyn

1 comment:

Leah Adams said...

Yay!!! Great post, my friend. You are such a blessing