Friday, November 18, 2011

A Month of Thankfulness: Day 18


Day 18: I'm thankful for my cell phone.

It's almost two years old and not an iPhone. Just a plain Jane model. Oh, but it does have a QWERTY keypad which makes it sooooo much easier for me to text. And a camera. But other than that to most folks it would just be "plain". And I'm aware that it's an "extra" in my life. Something that is not a daily necessity. But how lost I feel now without one! I love being able to send a quick text to one of my kids or a friend and not have to worry that I'm interrupting something they're doing. I love the security of having it with me when I'm out in the car by myself in case I have a flat or something.

Isn't technology something? Who would have ever dreamed hundreds of years ago that they could be in instant contact with someone on the other side of the world using a small device like a cell phone? And yet God...who is more "tech-savvy" than any genius in the past, present or future...can communicate instantly with anyone immediately anytime He wants to. It's called prayer. And for that I'm very thankful !

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3

May God bless you!

Marilyn

3 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Cool post!! I think for most of us, mobile devices have become like our right arm.....a necessity, or so we think.

Karin said...

Am enjoying all your thankful posts! Excellent!

Anonymous said...

Amen, to this one and to each day of “Thanksgivings” you have shared this month. What a wonderful idea, and activity! “Thank you” and I “thank the Lord” that through you, I have learned the blessing of praise to Him daily through this exercise and format. Not that I did not already know it, but there is such power in model, and I do thank you for modeling this for all of us this month.

God bless and may you have a most wonderful and blessed “Thanksgiving” celebration with your family this year.

Your servant in Jesus Christ,

Bro.Mike