Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Month of Thankfulness: Day 22


Day 22: I'm thankful for honest people!

Years ago we just "expected" people to be honest. The majority of them were. It's sad but more and more honest people are becoming a rarity. Over three weeks ago I ordered some Pert Plus dandruff shampoo on eBay for my husband. I have not been able to find this for him in any of the stores I have checked for miles around our home. So we were very happy to find a seller offering this product. The seller shipped our package Priority Mail about three weeks ago. It should have taken no more than 3-5 days for it to reach us. She even paid for a delivery confirmation receipt with a tracking number.

The Post Office scanned the package the day it got to the Post Office and that's the last we've heard from it! Nothing else on the website as far as where it may be. It's lost somewhere I guess. Or perhaps in someone's shower being used. Who knows? ha

We've been in communication with the eBay seller the past couple of weeks and she has been nothing but nice. Not really her fault the package has not arrived. And yet she feels the responsibility for it. This morning when I checked my email I had a note from her saying she had refunded our money. I thought that was really "Big" of her to do that. No questions ask. Just doing what she felt was the right thing. I, in turn, will repay her the money if the package ever shows up in our mailbox as I also want to be an honest person.

2 Corinthians 8:21..."Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men."

May God bless you!

Marilyn

No comments: