Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Month of Thankfulness: Day 15


Day 9: I am thankful for my computer.

Yes, I am, even though it's been a bit tempermental lately! I love the way I am able to communicate with people from all over....my sister in FL; Christian friends in the Philippines and India; friends all over the USA and in Canada, etc. Before I had a computer and email I phoned or wrote my relatives. If they lived far off I didn't call very often because back then long distance was very expensive. After I began using email I began to be in almost daily contact with some of my siblings. We became closer than we had ever been because none of us lived close in distance. But the computer closed the miles and the pictures we were able to share made it seem we were "seeing" each other often.

A few years ago one of my sons suggested I start a blog to use as an avenue to share the "articles" that I had been writing and emailing to a group of people. I didn't really even know what a "blog" was but I figured it out and started me one. As time went by I met other Christian women bloggers and have been so blessed by their writings and Christian friendship.

Then I began to hear about something called "Facebook". I was not interested in joining because at that time we had dial-up internet and I knew that it was basically impossible. Then we got satellite internet for Christmas one year and my daughter talked me into letting her set me up with a Facebook account. I have enjoyed getting to hear from friends and also getting to share my thoughts in this format.

"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." Proverbs 27:17

~Marilyn~

1 comment:

Alene said...

I join in with you in thanking God for the internet and my computer. When we were stationed overseas in 1982 calling home was a chore. We had to go through operators. He was $4 a minute. It had to be scheduled and cost a fortune. WOW - if only we'd have had internet back then we could have emailed, chatted, facebooked, texted, skyped, and more. Love modern technology!